(about 130 miles from TorC/Elephant Butte)
Exit on Airway Blvd South then take I-10 west to I-25 north. See “local drive directions” below for exits to specific communities.
(about 145 miles from TorC/Elephant Butte)
Exit on Sunport Boulevard west to I-25 South. See “local drive directions” below for exits to specific communities.
GETTING AROUND SIERRA COUNTY
TO ELEPHANT BUTTE: From I-25, take Exit 83 and follow the signs to the City of Elephant Butte and Lake Resort. Elephant Butte is located just minutes from the Interstate, and 5 miles northeast of Truth or Consequences.
TO TRUTH OR CONSEQUENCES & WILLIAMSBURG:
– Coming from the north/heading south on I-25, take Exit 79 to Date Street, which becomes Main as you enter downtown TorC.
– Coming from the south/traveling on I-25 north, take Exit 75 which drops you onto Broadway and into Williamsburg. Continue 0.9 mile further to the Truth or Consequences city limits. When Broadway becomes a one-way, you’re in downtown TorC.
TO HILLSBORO & KINGSTON:
– April 2021: Expect Minor Delays west of Hillsboro due to bridge work
– Hillsboro is on Highway 152, about 17 miles west of I-25 (Exit 63).
– Kingston is 9 miles west of Hillsboro on Highway 152. The entrance of the village is right past Mile Marker 40. If you see a big brown sign that says “Welcome to the Gila National Forest,” you have passed the turn.
TO MONTICELLO, LAS PLACITAS, CUCHILLO, WINSTON & CHLORIDE:
– From I-25, take Exit 83 and head northwest (away from Elephant Butte) on Highway 181.
– Turn right on Highway 142 to get to Las Placitas and Monticello.
– Veer left on Highway 52 to get to Cuchillo and Winston.
– Chloride is 2 miles southwest of Winston on Forest Road 226.
EV Charging Stations are available at Holiday Inn Express, Caballo Lake State Park, and more coming soon we hope!