Time to talk turkey!
Information is being gathered, but here’s what we know so far:
Truth or Consequences Brewing Co. is hosting a traditional Thanksgiving dinner starting at 2pm. Your donation of $5 or more will go the the local Matthew 25 Food Bank.
Sierra County restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner on November 25 include Denny’s, offering their turkey & dressing plate, and La Baracca, whose menu is a variation on the theme:
- Pumpkin Soup with Bacon, Coconut Yogurt Sauce, Chives & Crispy Quinoa Flakes
- Arugula Caesar Salad with Crispy Croutons, Romano, Slivered Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion
- Turkey Polpettone with Mushroom Gravy
- Mashed Potatoes with Sweet Cream Butter & Charred Leeks
- White Wine Braised Broccoli Rabe with Golden Raisins & Peanuts
- Buttery, Oven-baked Baguette Stuffing with Shallots, Garden Herbs, Crushed Garlic, Sea Salt
- Fresh Cranberry Chutney
Text La Baracca Chef Michael (575-300-7018) to order ahead, then pick up curbside, or — if you are a guest of Sierra Grande Lodge — ask for delivery.
Want to work up an appetite first? Check out our outdoor activities page, take walk around town and check out the murals, or schedule a soak in the hot springs.
Turtleback Taphouse & Grill at Sierra del Rio is preparing a full Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday, November 24.