We’ve got an impressive list of Halloween and harvest-themed events coming up in the next few days.
Halloween Hootenanny in Hillsboro
Tickets are still available for the Hillsboro Hootenanny on Thursday October 27. Check out the menu below and get your costume ready, right after you contact Meghan for reservations.
Sounds like a lot of good food and fun!
Big Halloween in Little Truth or Consequences
Here’s what’s planned, that we know of:
- a film festival at the El Cortez Theater October 28-29-30, screening such greats as Nosferatu and Rocky Horror Picture Show
- on Friday 10/28, businesses near Main and Foch will host costume contests, give out door prizes, and invite everyone to dance to local favorites 24/7 Blues Band
- costume contests, candy giveaways and more at Healing Waters Plaza on Saturday 10/29
- an Adult Costume Party at Sidekixx on Saturday 10/29
- the T or C Desert Ultra (50k, 21 miler, half-marathon, 5 miler) is also on Saturday!
But wait, there’s more, at the Butte!
Turtleback Taphouse inside the clubhouse at Sierra del Rio Golf Course in Elephant Butte is hosting two parties — one on Saturday 10/29 with costume contest, full menu until 8:30 and appetizers until 11, and another on Halloween proper, Monday October 31, with karaoke involved!
So many chances to dress up, win a costume contest, and devour candy!
Community Garden Halloween Harvest Sale
Everyone will need plenty of fresh food to balance out the sugar right? This is not a problem, since…
…The 4th Street Community Garden will be selling a variety of late-season produce on Friday from 12-3pm and Saturday 10am-3pm. Pick up tasty healthy foods, many of them priced at only $1 per bag. They’ve recently had an array of veggies and fruits available, including pomegranates, quince, various types of basil, arugula, swiss chard, carrots, tomatoes, peppers and green onions — even iris bulbs and bouquets of fresh-cut flowers!
And speaking of the end of the growing season —
Final Farmers Market
The Sierra County Farmers Market season closes after the October 29 market — catch it Saturday at Ralph Edwards Park from 8:30-11:30am.
Be safe and have fun!